iBoy Was Turned Down For Employment At The Local Apple Store
iBoy is a Netflix (NFLX) original movie based on the Kevin Brooks novel of the same name. The plot centers on Tom, a teenage boy who is shot and somehow fragments of his iPhone end up lodged inside his brain. Due to the digital trauma, Tom is able to interact on a whole new level with smart devices, giving him various powers he uses with varying levels of success.
Not quite a typical Marvel superhero movie, iBoy is fairly dark and seems like a cross between Spider-Man and the widely-acclaimed Daredevil series, also on Netflix. There's the development of powers, a budding love story, and gang activity within a very depressing cluster of residential buildings in England. Overall, this was an entertaining film - but hardly a masterpiece. Apple (APPL) gets the product-placement of the year award for this one.
10 Things I Learned Watching iBoy (2017)
1. Pieces of your iPhone embedded in your brain gives you cell phone super powers.
2. The initial concept of this movie was obviously conceived as a millennial’s wet dream.
3. Not a bad flick – the overall production is pretty slick and well-executed. Acting is on point and it's not a bad ride. That doesn't mean there weren't some ridiculous things in the movie that need to be discussed.
6. Your cell phone super powered brain can emit a sonic attack capable of disabling enemies, but only after they kick the crap out of you.
7. Maisie Williams can act – even outside of Game of Thrones.
8. Rory Kinnear (Elllman), one of the movie’s main villains looks and sounds like a more bloated version of Jason Statham.
9. When you’re trying to keep a hostage silent when cops are around, you should always drop your gun and forget to pick it up when celebrating that the cops finally left. It’s the perfect opportunity for your hostage to pick up the gun and point it at you.
10. If you get beaten up with a metal pipe you can summon a raw burst of smart phone energy that kills your adversary – it also renders you unconscious.
If you get a chance to watch iBoy with Maisie Williams, Bill Milner, Miranda Richardson and Rory Kinnear, feel free to leave things you learned from the flick in the comments below. Also, please check out the iBoy (2017) trailer and if you've seen it, kindly take the time to vote in our poll.
End of transmission . . .
* Dilution Monster Attack Reported At $HMNY HQ
* Yankees Bold Plan For 'Lazy' Gary Sanchez
* Russian Companies Bid On U.S. Cybersecurity Contracts
* Trump Tweet Leads To Tension With Iran; Media Panics
* Halloween Horror Nights To Add Putin-Inspired 'Haunted House'
* NFLX & DIS Spar For Tim Burton's Child's Play Reboot
* Papa John's Founder Leaves Franchise For NFL Post
* President Trump Announces 'Tariff Force Supreme'
The Valley Report